Tuesday, August 21, 2012

PineLight 
PineLight
From the Creative Mind of: Jillian Peery
250 Pages
Published July 4th 2011 by Jillian Peery

(first published June 23rd 2011) 
Book One in the 'PineLight' Series
 
 
Summary of PineLight
 
 I loved him—that was my torment.
And I was losing him all over again.

Walls crumbled all around me. An undeniable force pulled at my core.
I tried to fight it, I tried to deny it the power, but I was weak.
I felt pain in my side, and I knew that this dark force was winning.
My veins started to burn, and I screamed, but it didn’t stop. 

----I don't think this properly explained this novel so below there is a summary of my own----

The Dark One's are after Clara (Clarabella) and once before they almost succeeded, but her faith was too strong so all they took was her memory. She doesn't remember a thing. Not the fact that her grandfather is with her in hiding, not her mother and father and what they risked for her....not Finn, her closet friend, lover, companion. 
Now they have finally found her. She is on the run. She is on a run from things that she doesn't understand, remember. With people she doesn't know if she can trust.
She has been promised to a Dark Angel, a fallen , a vampire. 
She has to choose who to love, to trust. She has to ultimate journey and face the ultimate loss. In the end she doesn't only lose her heart.

MY SPLURGE:

Rating: 2 stars

This book seriously confused me. The start was splotchy and strange. There too much description but the author didn't explain anything. I would have started the prologue off with a glimpse from the past; when she still had her memory and her family and her original life. 
One thing that I thought was really strange was the insults didn't make sense. I know that sounds weird but in my brain everything has a definition and the random insults thrown into the air or at people were...out of place.
One thing that I thought was kinda sorta cool was when there was a 'Beauty and the Beast' moment. It was when she could go anywhere in the castle except that one hallway. My eyes kind of opened wider at that, it was like 'oh. umm. wow. Beauty and the Beast...that's...cool. I think.'
 
Personally I wouldn't recommend the book.  
It does have a book two called TigerLily. 
 
   <----- don't like the cover
Right now they are both .99 cents on Kindle.




  


If you liked either of these books, I suggest you read:

  Beautiful Beings (Beautiful Beings #1)

Ember (Ember #1)



Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment