Saturday, November 24, 2012


The Trouble With Spells (Of Witches and Warlocks, #1)

The Trouble with Spells( of Witches and Warlocks #1)
Paperback, 244 pages
Published March 9th 2011 by Moonstruck Media (first published November 12th 2009)
ISBN13: 9780984592685
Summary
     Portia Mullins had always lived the life of a normal teenager, up until her sixteenth birthday. She is then informed by her grandma that she is actually a witch who is a descendant of a long line of witches and warlocks. After overcoming her disbelief she finds that being a member of the coven comes with one great perk in the form of the school's handsome bad boy, Vance Mangum. 
     Vance and Portia have an immediate connection as a budding romance begins, only to be threatened by turbulent skies on the horizon as Vance's checkered past rears its ugly head to haunt them. Portia is forced to use her untried powers in defense of everything she loves in a desperate attempt to hold on to the one thing that really matters in her life.
Rating 5/5
"Every moment I was with Vance seemed wonderful, extraordinary, and magical, though we often felt like we were going crazy with need when we were together. And at the opposite end of the spectrum, every moment I was away from him seemed like torture, and I was filled with an aching I couldn’t describe."  
My Splurge
 
It had been sitting, collecting dust in my kindle for a while, so I figured, why not?
This book had everything. It had witty remarks, perfect love, lust, things to overcome, need, want, magic and witches.
Now, I'm usually not a magic/witch/warlock kinda person, but this was a completely fresh and much needed take. It was refreshing. The characters were so down to earth and I just really connected with them. Portia's mom was just so hilarious. She the chef of the family and she had this really bad dish that she made and she apologized to the sink disposal for making it dispose of it. I just laugh out loud at that. hehe.
And when Sally kissed Vance(love the name by the way) and Portia punched her 'supposed best friend' I was just like you go girl!!!! *fist pump here
Of course there was more than just lots of laughing (like through the entire book) there was also some major tear-tearjerkers.
And the binding ceremony!!! Can I get some awwwhhhsss???!? Loved it!
You can ask my dad, I was grinning and laughing through like the entire book. It was just such an enjoyable read. Totally worth it. Their love surpassed unbreakable path and surpassed all expectations. Mmmmmmm. Perfection. 

I also loved the new take on demons: witches and warlocks that have been overpowered by dark magic. Cool. Haven't heard that one before!
The only question I had was why didn't I read this sooner???
*This is a series of 5 books find them all here---> OfWitches&WarlocksSeries 
If you loved this I would suggest reading some of these......

Meant to Be (The Saving Angels, #1)          Anathema (Causal Enchantment, #1) 
Eternal Eden (Eden Trilogy, #1)       
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment