Wednesday, January 23, 2013



Hardcover, 326 pages
Published May 22nd 2012 by Feiwel & Friends (first published May 1st 2012)
ISBN:  1250003326 (ISBN13: 9781250003324)
Summary:
Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen — literally, ouch! — both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . .

Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.
My Splurge:
*in a sing- songy voice* I loooooooove this book. (Happy dance) It has*whispers* mermaids! And lemme just tell yah I ADORE Galen....even if I wanna slap him through most of the book. I spent pretty much the entire book with a stupid silly grin on my face.....really it was pathetic.
AND THE ENDING!!!

Woah dude--was not expecting that-->applause< but it makes sense(: Nice and btw I NEEED the next book. Like right now. Por favor. ASAP. PLEASE I'LL GET DOWN ON MY KNEES AND BEG!!! I WILL BEG FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. This is what you have done to me...

PUHLEEZE!
   
 
Hardcover, 375 pages
Published February 28th 2012 by HarperCollins Children's Books (first published January 1st 2012)
ISBN:  006197806X (ISBN13: 9780061978067)
Summary:
Lena joins the resistance effort against the oppressive government and fights for freedom.
After escaping from Portland, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community. Weak and grieving for Alex, Lena fights to survive. And then she fights her oppressors.
As the viewpoint shifts between Lena's time in the Wilds and the present day, which is set in Brooklyn, Lena transforms into a warrior for the resistance. In New York City, the grass-roots movement for a Deliria-Free America (the DFA) is gathering strength, and its leader, Thomas Fineman, recruits more supporters by the day. His son Julian--as-yet uncured--heads up the DFA's youth organization. Lena is tasked with blending into the DFA's rallies; she seems to be a supporter yet she is really a spy.
My Splurge:
I-I-I...I umm. Oh. Uh. The ending. Julian....umm...ALEX...The ending..uh. I like Tack. and Hunter. And. yeah....
   


Say Yes to the
Book
-Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment