Monday, March 4, 2013

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2)

Hardcover, 452 pages
Published February 5th 2013 by Feiwel and Friends
ISBN: 0312642962 (ISBN13: 9780312642969)
edition language: English
original title: Scarlet
Rating: 4 Stars
Summary:
 The fates of Cinder and Scarlet collide as a Lunar threat spreads across the Earth...

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.
Rant:
 “We met less than a week ago and in that time I've done nothing but lie and cheat and betray you. I know. But if you give me a chance...all I want is to protect you. To be near you. For as long as I'm able.”

First of all: Kai, I wish to slap you. Hard. On your face. Repeatedly. Idiot-_- CINDER WARNED YOU!!!
Second of all: Wolf- You are amazing. You are not the bad guy. You and Scarlet= perfection
Third of all: Although Scarlet is a tough girl- Cinder you, sweetie, are still my favorite. Even though now.....-_- KAI

Okay time for the rant:

Haha, so I was all bat crazy for this book, bugging my librarian like everyday for a week. Anyway, this book, sadly, did not live up to expectations. But Wolf did (;

This is the kind of book you want to curl up with some Tagalongs (hey it is Girl Scout season afterall) and just read read read till the book is over. But, the emotions and attachment I felt for the characters in Cinder just weren't there in Scarlet. Pooh.

Hummsie, I don't really know what to say.

Uhhhh okay. So I loved the who Red Riding Hood origination in this. And, dude, Grandmother was AWESOME!!! Lunar boyfriend anyone?

Picture this: Captured by the enemy, staying silent for the only thing left you have worth living for-Your granddaughter. You have an idiot son and the one you love the most falls for the one who captured you and held you here to be tortured.

Ahh and then there's wolf. Some one sent on a mission and never imagined falling in love: Alpha Female? Yes, Please.

“But you're the only one, Scarlet. You'll always be the only one.”
Haha and I love how Cinder's old life was incorporated in this one. Cinder is by far the strongest character. She has her best friend in a ship.....literally. Another guy....maybe? Nah. And shes a princess who has a price on her head AND to top it all off, her aunt wants to kill her.

Ohhh I really wish I could tell you (.......) but I don't wanna have to put a spoiler alert on this.

It's dramatic. And you'll hate Kai. Forever.
I hate you Kai.

No comments:

Post a Comment