Saturday, September 7, 2013

Indie-Credible: Alyssa Rose Ivy

Paperback, 248 pages
Published May 17th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
ISBN: 1484044177
 

Summary

This isn't a deep book about first loves or self-discovery. If you want a book like that, I'd be happy to recommend one, but I don't have that kind of story to tell. Instead my story is about rash decisions and finding out that your dream guy is bad in bed. It's the story of when I finally went skinny dipping, and how my life was never the same again. Oh, and it's also the story of my freshman year of college and realizing Mr. Right might have been there all along.
 
 
Le Interview:
 
f you were stuck on a deserted island, would you rather have with you a book, a banjo, a pineapple or a cinnamon scented candle with you? How would you use it?
 
A book.  I love reading, and if I were stranded I’d definitely need the escape.
What does being an Indie author mean to you?
Being an indie author means challenging yourself as an author and putting out high quality books.
What was your favorite book to write?
It’s a tie between The Hazards of Skinny Dipping and Found (The Crescent Chronicles #3)
Which character do you feel is most like you?
Charlotte from my Afterglow books is a lot like me when I was a teenager. I also think there’s some Becca from Veer in me too.
What is one book that for you, just didn't live up to the hype?
I tend to ignore hype, so it isn’t too much of a problem.
What is your most anticipated book of 2013?
Jennifer Snyder has her first NA contemporary coming out this fall (Break You) and I’m really excited to read it.
Have you gone to Disney land/world? If so what was your favorite thing to do?
I’ve been to Disney World a few times. I always loved Epcot the best.
Would you rather live underwater or on the moon?
Underwater.
If pigs took over the world tomorrow, would you side with them or form a rebellion? If you would form a a rebellion, what literary characters would you want on your side?
I’d form a rebellion. I’d want Katniss from The Hunger Games on my side.
Speed Rounds:
Coffee or Tea? Coffee.  I’m addicted
Green or Blue? Blue.
Bad boys or good boys? Good boys.
Ebook or physical? Ebooks for the ease of always having one with me.  
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Alyssa Rose Ivy is a Young Adult and New Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.

Remember I still have another stop here! Don't forget to pop by on the 18th for my interview with Elyssa Patrick and a giveaway for her new book STAY WITH ME (INT)


  -Jackie  

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book. And a great interview, too! I'd choose to live underwater as well. So much to explore, and who knows what cool things you could find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! & Alyssa is super nice(:
      Happy reading
      Jackie

      Delete