Saturday, December 28, 2013

2013 End of the Year Survey


hosted by the Perpetual Page Turner

*drum roll*


1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)
Okay I’ll just do my top ten or fifteen since I am horrible at making decisions (not in order)
Tattoo Thief by Heidi Joy Tretheway, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, Dreamscape by Christie Rich, Arclight by Josin L McQuein, Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott, Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry, Losing It by Cora Carmack, Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell, Crash into You by Katie McGarry, The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, Second Chance by Katie Kacvinsky, Ink by Amanda Sun, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
That’s only 14!!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
 Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike for sure….
 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013? 
Probably Losing It because although it got amazing reviews it wasn’t reall what Iwas used to but man was it freaking EPIC or what. Also Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. I cannot say enough good things about that book. GUESTHOUSE GUY IS MINEEE!!
 4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ Eleanor & Park….and I’ve all but shouted that of the top of the world.
 5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
I really love Cate Tiernan’s IMMORTAL BELOVED series..it’s pretty epic :D
 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
I discovered A LOT of new author’s this year….I’m gonna have to say Christie Rich because not only is she an amazing writer she’s also super nice!
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
This was for school but I read HOW TO READ LIKE AN ENGLISH PROFESSOR and I liked it quite a bit. Not surprising I guess because it was basically a book on how to read!
 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
Oh god…THE DARKEST MINDS?? Maybe WINGS OF NESTOR?? Or maybe A SAVAGE VENGENCE?? I really don’t know…all three. Final answer!
 9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Losing It. Meow.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
These three are a tie:



11. Most memorable character in 2013? 
River from Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea…still trying to figure him out!
 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
Stolen by Lucy Christopher. I adore the way that book was written
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013? 
Second Chance by Katie Kavinsky . That book changed me forever
 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read? 
Anna and the French Kiss. Oh god how embarrassing.
 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?



16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?

How I did this: Went to my read books on Goodreads and sorted by page number and just looked for what I knew I read this yeaer that was the shortest and longest.
Longest: True Love by Lurlene McDaniel

 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
The Fault in Our Stars. I came down from my room sobbing and my family debated whether they should take me to a mental institution.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
The romance in The Fault in Our Stars…oh yeah. Even though it broke my heart and soul.
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Crash Into You by Katie McGarry…LOVE HER!!
20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Anna and the French Kiss..can I add that one to the romance too? Yeah? Okay. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!
21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?
No surprise here — contemporary YA!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
St Clair from Anna and the French Kiss *.*
23. Best 2013 debut you read?
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea…holy orange chicken yes…
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea…this is getting repetitive
25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?
LOSING IT!!! MEOW CATS HOT GUYS YES
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?
Do you even really need to ask…? TFIOS made me sob
27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?

Unmaking Hunter Kennedy by Anne Eliot. It’s kinda perfect.


*Thanks everyone!*
Have a happy New Year! Have any goal??


2 comments:

  1. The cat scenes in Losing It are pretty fabulous. Great answers! A few of these made my list too.

    Jenn @ Book Beats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great books in your answers. There are so many here that I am still ashamed that I haven't read yet, but I will be getting to soon. I just got The Coldest Girl in Coldtown for Christmas, I can't wait to get to read that. I am especially surprised that I haven't read any Rainbow Rowell yet, that definitely needs to change soon; I've heard nothing but good things.

    Great answers! My End of Year Survery

    ReplyDelete