Saturday, May 17, 2014

Review: Facade by Nyrae Dawn


Facade by Nyrae Dawn
Thank you Forever for giving me a copy to review! In no way did this influence my opinion. 

Premise

Can love save them?

After her father commits a crime that shatters her family, eighteen-year-old Delaney Cross is tired of pretending everything is all right. Packing up her car, she sets out to find the people her father hurt. Her search leads her to places she’s never been—and into the arms of Adrian Westfall.

To the outside world, Adrian is a sexy, charming ladies’ man. But his playboy persona is just an act. Secretly his soul is tortured by a memory too painful to share. Only Delaney seems to see through his façade to the real man underneath. And for the first time in his life, Adrian feels he can begin to open up about his past.

Together, Adrian and Delaney share a passionate love they never expected to find. Yet both still harbor their own secrets. When the dark truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together—or tear them apart forever?


“She's the fire in my veins, the breath in my lungs, and the glue trying to hold each of my scars together.” 
I got this book a few months back along with a Courtney Cole book. It took me a little while to get to Façade and I have got to tell y’all, this book does not disappoint! I’ve never read a book by Nyrae Dawn before, although I’ve been eye-raping them for a while, so when Forever agreed to send me a copy of Façade to review I was thrilled to say the least.  I love the New Adult genre. This is well known to all you lovely followers with my hot guy and self-discovery rants. And hot guys. AND I NOW HAVE A NEW BOOK BOYFRIEND! Guys, say hello to the battered, broken and bruised writer who stole my heart: Adrian. Adrian and Laney’s lives are intertwined by one event they both wish they could forget. Besides that one tragic events, they both already had their fair share of demons.
 “I think when love sneaks up on you, when it grabs onto you when you least expect it, maybe that's more of a sign that it's real. That it's meant to be and nothing could stop the two of you from falling for each other.”
This book was a fabulous first book. Although I really do love it, it wasn’t something that I could really connect to. It was a nice in-between book with a heart-wrenching story that’s definitely worth hearing. I really love the characters and the whole set up of this book was really well composed. Overall, I enjoyed reading about the heartbreak and the pain, along with the renewal and honesty-and the raw emotion in general- that this book presents.

With the heartbreak and the healing, the secrets and pain, Nyrae Dawn did a good job at capturing the essence of human emotion and even though this book didn’t have me head over heels, y’all should definitely still put this book on the to-read list!


Have y'all read any of her books yet. I've honestly heard almost nothing but good!



No comments:

Post a Comment