Thursday, February 19, 2015

Abigail Larson's "Alice in Wonderland" Artwork



Happy almost March, y'all! So today I was gonna share a lovely piece by an artist I discovered back in January. Her name is Abigail Larson and she's basically everything I love. She has the creepy, Burtonesque glow with the saccharine edge that I simply adore.

This particular piece is very Alice in Wonderland-y to me. And I believe that's what is intended as well.



“Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Cheshire Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.
Alice: I don't much care where.
The Cheshire Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.
Alice: ...So long as I get somewhere.
The Cheshire Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.”



Isn't her work simply beautiful? That Alice piece is a favorite of mine along with a few others. I've included a few more below. See if you an guess which tale her pieces are from! If you figure it out make sure to leave the guess in the comments. 




So, what are y'all's favorites? I really can't pick one. I do know this though, I have got to learn how to draw like this. 


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are the highlight of my week and your blog exemplifies the beauty of books

    ReplyDelete