Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Change The World: Feel Free to Call Yourself A Sexy-Pants Pro-Equality-ist

Dear readers,


Welcome one and all to another session of CHANGE THE WORLD, where I rant about how to make a change and a lovely way to do so. Like spreading the word. Not letting people having the excuse of not knowing about it. Starting a conversation. Raising awareness.

First off, bravo world. Since the August 18, 1920 women in the United States have had the right to vote. Take that patriarchy! *ahem* *clears throat* Before I go on, I know it's Not All Men. So please don't use that argument with me. I know, I know. But it's also not all women. If you believe in equality, then I love you. If you believe if equal pay (not the women, on average, get $0.75 for ever $1.00 men get) then I adore you. If you believe that there is an actual gender gap, then thank you for not letting your eyes glaze over. I appreciate that. Big time.

I think we, as a society, maybe just as individuals, have an idea in our minds of what our lives should be like. And that is totally fine. Seriously. I mean, I want a farm and a garden a a bed a breakfast with an animal rescue on the side. We all have dreams. And that's absolutely fantastic. Seriously, yay you for looking forward to something. It's called motivation. It's when that motivation is derogatory towards a set group of people, whether it be towards a certain gender, sexuality, race, religion, ect, that things get a little crazy and the line between right and wrong get a little blurry.

The fact that people call things like this (rights) women's right, or gay rights (or men's right, or straight rights--though I haven't really heard either of those) frankly gets on my nerves a bit. Aren't women...human? Aren't people who like the same gender..human? Are people who are transexual...human? So...wait...these are human rights. *cue the light bulbs going off*

I'll say it again. I know it's Not All Men. It's also Not All Women.

I rather like the idea of equality. Quite a bit actually. I like the idea of everyone being on the same level, rights wise. I like the idea of having a say when deciding who is going to run my county and make decisions that are going to impact me. I love the idea of people marrying who they love. For love. (I feel like that would make an epic battle cry "FOR LOVE!"). Also have you listened to ARTIST VS POET's song "Sake of Love" (SUCH A GOOD SONG!)

Before you start going all "Well this chick obviously is crazy...feminism *shudders*"

If it makes you feel better, don't call it feminism. I honestly, don't really care what you describe yourself as. Call yourself a sexy-pants pro-equlaity-ist if that really makes you feel better. What I just described to you is my feminism. And frankly, I'll describe myself as a feminist. And yes, *sigh* I shave my legs. Jeez, stop being so stereotypical, y'all.

I'm so in love with love. I'm in love with people with brains and a heart. That's why I believe in equality. Express yourself however you please. Do what makes you happy. Love who you love. Go cast that ballot! Be involved in society! Use that freedom of speech amendment to the best of your ability. You deserve it. Be educated. Read politics and stories with cute romances and for dear lord, smile. Are you frowning? Be happy. 

NOOOOW that I have all that out of the way, let me show you some killer conversation induction clothing. I just recently discovered this website and I waaaant the racerback 'this is what a #feminist looks like' tank. *drools*  /// V i s i t the website

N O W

Let's talk about equality in literature. I freaking love it. I love the girls who don't want to be saved but do the saving, who mess up but move on (Princess of Thorns). I love the girls who fight and save and escape and boys who let that girl bloom. (The Glass Arrow). I love the stories where there is no slut-shaming and people make their own decisions and they aren't afraid (The Devil You Know). I love the stories were girls are kissing girls (Black Iris) and boys are kissing boys (Two Boys Kissing).


---

So hello there. You made it to the end of the post. I'm impressed. Tell me your thoughts. On everything. How you describe yourself. How you see the world. Your ideas. Do you have a dream? I hope you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment