Saturday, February 13, 2016

KILL THE BOY BAND {Less Than}

KILL THE BOY BAND by Goldy Moldavsky
Goodreads // Amazon
Published: Feb. 23, 2015
ARC via the every-lovely Andye @ readingteen.net

Okay, so just know from the start that it wasn't supposed to go like this. All we wanted was to get near The Ruperts, our favorite boy band.

We didn't mean to kidnap one of the guys. It kind of, sort of happened that way. But now he's tied up in our hotel room. And the worst part of all, it's Rupert P. All four members of The Ruperts might have the same first name, but they couldn't be more different. And Rupert P. is the biggest flop out of the whole group.

We didn't mean to hold hostage a member of The Ruperts, I swear. At least, I didn't. We are fans. Okay, superfans who spend all of our free time tweeting about the boys and updating our fan tumblrs. But so what, that's what you do when you love a group so much it hurts.

How did it get this far? Who knows. I mean midterms are coming up. I really do not have time to go to hell. 


From stealing people to psychotic super-fans, KILL THE BOY BAND lives up to the title in every sense of the word. And I don’t like it. I though I would, but from the lack of connection to the characters (thank goodness for that) to the way the situation was handles, I just didn’t like it. It felt overtly outlandish.

Hidden between the cover is something I just can’t put into words. Literally. I’ve been trying to write this review for two weeks now and all I’ve got to say is I really did not enjoy reading this book and I’m really surprised I made it all the way through.

My emotions ranged from shock and disturbed and confused and then finally resignation. Resignation that I really did not enjoy this book is way, shape, form, or fashion. It really was just too much. I don’t really know how else to say it other than that. It felt like a neon light being shone directly into my eyes.

It was just too, too much



2 comments: