Friday, June 10, 2016

#ARC Review || Third Base by Heidi McLaughlin || Not My Favorite

Third Base by Heidi McLaughlin
ARC via Publisher + NetGalley
Published || June 7, 2016
Goodreads || Amazon

Ethan Davenport is already Boston's most eligible bachelor. In his second season with the Boston Renegades he has set his eyes on the girl behind the visitors' dugout.

That girl is Daisy Robinson, a journalism student at the University of Boston and a die-hard Renegades fan.

But with new found love comes challenges and Ethan and Daisy have to deal with his crazy schedule, school finals and his presence on her campus for some much needed media training.
For Ethan nothing can come between him and Daisy, until a secret that she's been keeping threatens to destroy them both.







This is going to be real short and sweet. 

I’m going to be completely honest here (I mean, when am I not?) and just come right out and say it.

Reading THIRD BASE I was just so incredibly bored. That sounds terrible. Here’s the thing: I love baseball, books about baseball, how butts tend to look in baseball pants. Books with baseball have to bear the weight of all my expectations coming into it, and this book just didn’t hold up to the fold.

The book just didn’t hold my interest. I felt like I wasn’t learning anything about his love interest, and that her employment was fairly obvious. (maybe I just read too much?) I found it predictable. I wish that there was a dual perspective, and not only the guy’s. I’m fine with just one character usually, but this book felt like it needed more.


Overall, this just wasn’t what I was looking for.

**highlight to see the sort-of spoiler**


No comments:

Post a Comment