Wednesday, January 31, 2018

#BookLook || A Cathedral of Myth and Bone by Kat Howard

myth and bone

myth and bone by nobentspines featuring handbags totes

My Two Cents

The dress...the BOOTS...the lipstick. I'm not sure if an outfit could be more me. Maybe a lower neckline. I'm not a huge fan of stuff creeping up like a turtleneck, but I'll made an exception this one time because this dress is GORGEOUS. 

*swoons*

And the Timberlands. Y'all I have a pair of all black ones and they are my literal soul mates. Why did I not invest in a pair earlier in life?? Why did no one tell me that they go with EVERYTHING? I feel let down, and a little in love. 

The Book
Goodreads || Amazon

In these sixteen exquisite stories Kat Howard deftly weaves in and out of the countries of myth and hagiography to write the lives of women untold and unexplored.

A woman being written into her boyfriend’s fiction is at first flattered to be his muse, but then finds her real life literally consumed and overtaken by his. A desperate young woman makes a prayer to the Saint of Sidewalks, but the miracle she receives isn’t what she expected. A painter spies a naked man, crouched by the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, transform into a beautiful white bird and decides to paint him, and becomes involved in his curse. Jeanne, a duelist and a sacred blade for God and Her holy saints, finds that the price of truth is always blood. And in the novella “Once, Future” Howard reimagines the Arthurian romance on a modern college campus as a story that is told, and told again, until the ending is right.


No comments:

Post a Comment